I just read this great article from Expanded Consciousness. It talks about how when you are being drained by someone or something that is causing a negative energy around you these are the signs to look for;
- You start feeling depressed even though there is no apparent reason for it (and you’re not clinically depressed),
- You can’t log into your bank account (or any other) online, social media, account and keep getting an error message,
- You get a bad headache for no apparent reason,
- You get dropped calls or sudden, passing static on your phone while speaking to someone at a location you don’t normally have that experience,
- You get super tired all of a sudden and feel the need to take a nap even though you are not sleep deprived,
- You feel resistant to helping yourself or giving yourself something you know you need (i.e. resist eating when you are actually hungry),
- Your throat feels sore as if you’ve caught a virus (sometimes that is how our body reacts to the lower energy). It’s up to you to recognize and make note of these patterns as they are personal),
- You lose your house keys, lock your car keys inside your car, lose your wallet or get something you value stolen,
- An email you sent out does not reach its intended recipient and hours later you get a mailer daemon message,
- Your mind starts spinning on negative thoughts about someone or a situation of the past (which you had done inner work on to clear), etc.
- You engage in behaviors that are against self-love- such as spending money on unnecessary shopping or buying a tech gadget that you don’t really need but consider fun when you don’t have the budget for it.
The possibilities are endless…
I copied and pasted those verbatim from their website but I want to add that I have had almost all of those signs when there was a negative aura around me.
It’s crazy but one time, I forgot exactly what it was that was draining me, but I ran to the store to pick something up and when I went to turn on my car again, my starter blew! Just like that and I felt this electric charge run through me. Geez I wish I could remember what was going on at the time but I blocked it out so much that I realized that it was detrimental for me to even have those thoughts. It wreaks havoc on your body, mind, and everything around you.
Listen to what your body is telling you. The minute you feel that dip in your momentum, blow it out. Change your routine immediately. Make a cup of tea, pick up a book, call a positive person in your life. Talk a walk and do something that you love doing to boost your spirits and draw you away from the negativity.
It’s not goofy. Remember, I’m the sort of normal girl from Long Island that isn’t all into chants and supernatural stuff to the extreme but I do believe in positive thinking and manifesting your destiny. It works. I promise. I repeat myself about this because I truly believe you can change your life based on just your thoughts.
Good luck and enjoy your Sunday!